Tuesday 18 November 2014

Never ending story

stolen off Facebook
The internet is amazing, and it turns out that I can see where the people that have looked at my blog posts have linked to the site from. (That was a poorly constructed thought, but I am running on adrenaline (I didn't sleep very well last night, 1 am seemed the perfect time to fix the font size of my page numbers) and carrot cake...) Mostly, the people that view my blog are my Facebook friends. So, that means that most of you have seen that I have handed in the FINAL copy of my thesis, but I am going to blog about it anyway. I promise that I will stop expecting you to be happy for me soon... but there is still graduation to come. 












I think some of it makes quite
pretty wrapping paper...
This is now the third time, so I am beginning to feel like a local in the DDB  (doctoral degrees board), and a little bit responsible for the deforestation in Brazil. (Although, if you receive a gift from me in the next couple of months, you can expect it to be wrapped in previous editions of my thesis.) After the tears and general sense of relief and weak knees when I got the result, this moment is some what of an anticlimax... Even though it is the end of something, I now have to try get the thing published so I need to start rewriting it - again. And of course, the dark cloud in the corner of my vision: the "what next" question needs to be dealt with. But when I left the DDB I decided that at very least I had to get a cake. 





It is, after all, important to celebrate everything. I mentioned this in one of my very early blogs, it doesn't have to be "the final hand-in" that you celebrate, it should be every small triumph along the way. Life is short and you don't need an excuse to drink champagne or eat cake. So, I am going to take the rest of the day off - COMPLETELY and enjoy the moment, but first, I have a mug to smash on Jammie steps... 




2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeee! Hold on, wait, a mug to smash? Which mug? And then, were you able to (in line with taking the day off COMPLETELY) leave the bits there for someone else to clean up, or did you (like the super responsible person we know you to be ;-) succumb to the pressure to pick them all up again yourself? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it turns out, I didn't get round to smashing the (UP) mug yet... there was an urgent need to get to the beach, but I suspect that I will clean up all the shards!

    ReplyDelete